This intensive two-day interactive training is designed to teach educational teams and parents the theory and protocol for the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), an evidence based practice. We begin with identifying key components to designing effective educational environments that foster communication. Through presenter demonstrations, video examples and role-play, you will learn the six phases of PECS, including how to teach spontaneous requests, attributes for expanding language, responding to questions and commenting. The workshop concludes with discussions about the relation between PECS and speech as well as criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities, such as speech generating devices (SGD).
What you will learn
- Identify key components to designing an enriched learning environment using the Pyramid Approach to Education.
- Identify strategies for creating opportunities for communication across the day
- Implement the six phases of the PECS protocol
- Discuss the evidence about PECS and its relationship to speech
- Examine the criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities such as speech and SGDs
Agenda: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Registration Time:特级欧美免费大片视频,特级毛片WWW 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM
CEUs: 1.3 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area) and/or 13.0 BACB CEUs
Tuition Includes: The Second Edition PECS Training Manual ($72.00 value!), Detailed Handouts with space for note taking, Certificate of Attendance, Continental Breakfast both days, ASHA and/or BACB CEUs are available. Breakfast not included for remote training.
This course is offered for 1.3 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)
You can view our presenter's financial and non-financial disclosure statements here.
Pyramid Educational Consultants is an approved BACB ACE Provider for Type 2 Continuing Education Credits. The BACB does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve, or partner with the event, organization, or instructor.